When Force India was formed in 2007, the old Spykar team got a lease of life from the flamboyant Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya.
And it was perfectly executed. An Indian name with Indian colors with Kingfisher name all around.
Since then, the team has surpassed all expectations but the airline has not.
The famous 5 star airline is broke and so are its owners (plural refers to V.Mallya and the various group companies, multiple banks who are as grumpy as a mad wife)
The … Read more
Force India can easily be termed as an entity which has introduced the competitive and cutting edge sport of F1 to millions of Indians
Although most of Indians relate to Force India which is now Sahara Force India to Vijay Mallya and its two drivers Adrian Sutil & Paul Di Resta, there are some hidden and amazing facts which relate Force India to the likes of Michael Schumacher, Narain Karthekeyan, Russian/Dutch/Canadian ownerships and finally a defunct supercar maker.
10 things … Read more
Force India has a new co-owner in Sahara India with immediate effect. Sahara will own 42.5% of Force India and Vijay Mallya the remaining 42.5% of his initial 85% ownership.
The new team name will be called “Sahara Force India”. The deal has been valued at $100 million for the 42.5% stake thus valuing the mid pack team at upwards of $2oo million.
Prior ownership was 85% Vijay Mallya and the remaining 15% was Mol family who ran the team … Read more